So I know I’ve dissapeared for the last few months and havent had an recent posts lately but I’m back!
I’ve recently made the big move to LDN(London for those not in the know) and and dying to give my 2 cents(or pence for us in the Uk) on current make up trends, catwalk trends….. and fashion bloggers that suddenly decide to give make up tutorials?!
So whats got you all excited like a schoolgirl this season? Whats your must have for your make up bag? Whats your favourite cross over product from summer to autumn…. And whats your take on those pesky fashion bloggers trying to put their figers in other peoples pies!? Ill be blogging about some Autumn Winter Make Up collections launched exclusively at Harrods and filling you in and whats hot and whats not!
First up will of course be a look at the Givenchy Autumn/Winter Couture make up collection(And the new foundation Tient Couture which launched exclusively at Harrods today!) which will be make its way to stores soon!
Check out this new campaign by Makeup Forever! This is a sneak peak of their new Holodiam Holiday Collection set to Launch in Wilde Venue this Thursday night! By the looks of it this will be a fabulous cross of their Diamond Powder and some type of Holographic glitter….. Either way I’m excited, as I never let myself run out of Diamond Powder!
Ill be at Wilde on Thursday night to hopefully get my hands dirty and my face pretty…. And by pretty I mean sparkly….. And will report back!
So, Givenchy’s Spring Summer Collection is Launching tomorrow in Debenhams Henry Street, Ireland. Their will be no glitz or glam event, but their will be flash makeover’s all day in store by myself! If you have never tried Givenchy before, or are an avid fan, get down and check it out!
Each of the products are limited edition only, so when they’re gone… They’re gone, and their is a waiting list for the blushers already! An interesting fact is that both the face powder ‘Le Prisme Visage Bucolique’ & the 2 blushers ‘Le Prisme Blush Bucolique’ have the same amount of pigment and product is all compacts, however, no 2 are visually the same?
Ok so this isn’t exactly a make up inspired entry, although I do love their 60’s inspired ‘banane’ look in their most recent campaign(Pictured below), but check out Louis Vuitton’s Autumn/Winter 2011 fashion show…. One of my favs!
Check out the video of the gorgeous Compton girls modeling some Vintage inspired outfits by NW3, Fenn Wright Mason, Marc Cain, Reiss, T Tahari & Hobbs from Arnotts. Styled by Courtney Smith. Hair & makeup by me & Ciara(Vanity X Make Up).
Click Here to watch!
So being the kind hearted person I am, I’m always looking to help out when I can. So…. I’ve linked my skype onto my blog(And a direct link will feature on my website soon.
Our line will be open for bookings, makeup application queries, product queries, photoshoot queries, hair queries,(and if I’m procrastinating) general chit chat & everything bugging you. Think about it, if you have skype on your phone you might aswell save the credit for gossiping with the gals!
You notice this on my sidebar in the blog to tell you when we’re online. And even if we’re not… Leave us a voicemail.
Just download skype by clicking the link below and search ‘DJsMakeUp’.
Get Skype and call me for free.
If you don’t have skype yet….. What are you waiting for….. Even Oprah has Skype, not to mention Ellen!!!!
After days upon days of scowering the internet for videos, pics, adverts for the f/w 2011/2012 collections fashion houses around the world……. I came upon an ingenious edition of Vogue, in which they include a DVD? A first for Vogue in which they include catwalk trends straight from London, Paris Milan & New York… This is not all…. It also includes interviews with designers and members of the creative teams involved! HUGE LOVAGE!
A huge reoccurring theme across all catwalks and that on the pages of Vogue’s catwalk report is Androgyny…….?
A trend not new to us, but one many find hard to trickle down to their wardrobe & makeup bag…. Where is the line between Androgyny & cross-dressing? Here, we share our top tips for getting that structured androgynous catwalk look….. without having people check out your ‘package’.
- making sure of an all over even complexion is a must & false tan is a MUST NOT. This look worst best when on paler porcelain skin.
- when contouring keep it more defined to get that sharp sculpt, and a more taupe coloured matte powder works best for a more severe “I’m still a lady” look. Come slightly more into the apple of the cheek than you would normally for that truly structured look.
- instead of a blush opt for a creamy matte eyeshadow, lighter than your own skin colour, to naturally highlight the apple of the cheek & the cheekbone to add a bit of femininity into the mix.
- with the eyes, you can keep the girlie. Opt for darker colours, mainly black(possibly adding some deep red for colour), and avoid filling the lashes. Either keep them nude or simply tint them with mascara rather than going for full, long lashes or ‘spider legs’. Also avoid using a sharp line on the eye and opt. for the more subtle smudge.
- fill in the eyebrows. Depending on the severity of androgyny you wish to achieve, make them nice structured & arched like a 50’s style brow to keep the look a little more girlie… Or to make it a true androgynous look, fill in the brow starting at the middle and fade it out into more of a straight line(Normally this will mean ending it about 3/4’s of the way across & keeping the rest natural). You can do this using a pencil or eyeshadow. Again working with more taupe style colour than warm browns to give that colder f/w look.
- and to finish off this look, add a nude matte lipstick or one with a hint of gloss(Shine) rather than a shimmer.
- instead of thinking of robbing everything from your boyfriends closet, stand back and think…..? What is your best female attribute from the waist down? Legs? Hips? Waist? Chest? Think, like when your doing your makeup, of one of your best female attributes and work from there. Keep that attribute looking feminine. So generally something fitted and/or structured to pull attention to the area.
- a single splash of colour amongst greys, Blacks & whites is a great way to stay feminine & steer clear of the cross dressing look.
- adding a closed collar or ‘polo shirt’ type colour into the mix give it that male edginess.
- trousers….. Rather than jeans to keep it chic. Your boyfriend jeans are hot but not for this look. The boyfriend jeans should be kept as your ‘dress down’ girlie look. Adding them into the mix could add not only confusion to onlookers but a vary boyish bottom half, leaving you limited space to play with on top.
- adding a brogue style shoe into the mix will definitely bring out some boyish charm however don’t be afraid to stick with heels. If your sticking with heels either keep em low or go with a boot style for a higher chic look.
- a fitted jacket or coat is one of the most common androgynous items of clothing. If its a suit jacket…. keep it open, or have a plunged ‘V’ from with low single button closing(This can also be worn oversized). However a military style will look super structured buttoned up, but can also be worn open.
- if its long…… slick it back into a pony-tale keeping the hanging hair poker straight.
- medium length… As above. Brush it back, and add a wax for texture.
- Short… Slicked, spiked or structured….. Play until you find what you like most!